Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone had any info on possibly getting snails,shrimp or clams/mussels that come from lake tang.. I'm planning on setting up a refuguim that will be tied into my sump and thought it would be cool to stock it with some stuff from the lake.. I have seen snail on some lists.. No shrimp or invertabrates though..

·
Registered
7 Posts
in my refugium i have 2 vampire shrimps 10 malysian rainbow shrimps 5 assasin snails 1 cpo dwarf orange crayfish and some black worms i'm trying for an experiment. I recieved all inverts from different places some from aquabid.com and others.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very cool!! That sounds really neat and similar to what i'm looking to do.. Have you looked into getting any clams? Have any of the snails or shrimp breed yet?

·
Registered
7 Posts
some breeding from malysian rainbow shrimps and assasin snails i wont get no breeding from vampire shrimps they need brackish water and only have 1 cpo dwarf orange crayfish but they would breed if i had a pair. You could try micro crabs also but wouldn't do clams because before you know it they would have died and you wouldn't know it until you smell the water

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Micro crabs would be really cool.. This refuguim will be tied into my sump that will filter my Frontosa tank.. My only concern would be if any of these invertebrates could possibly hand off any type of disease.. Was also thinking possily the shrimp could be a little snack here and there for the fish as they over populate the there space..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts