Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
People are going to yell at you for keeping 2 Oscars in a 55. **** i had one in a 55 and got yelled at on some other forum. So i deleted my account and came here. The people are nice, and see are the fish ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No one will yell at me. These oscars were tatered and torn when they first arrived. I rescued them from a 20 gal. Added a little salt to the water. Give them a varied diet. Frequent water changes. Just put a brand new rena filstarxp3 canister on the tank. These oscars are in top form do to all the tlc that I have been lavishing on them. :fish: Bigger tank on their horizon.

·
Registered
121 Posts
oscarlover43055 said:
People are going to yell at you for keeping 2 Oscars in a 55. #%$& i had one in a 55 and got yelled at on some other forum. So i deleted my account and came here. The people are nice, and see are the fish ;)
what would they do to me if I tell them that I'm keeping my pair with some 1 inch babies in a 32g? :lol:

BTW, nice oscars splash.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Blu-ray said:
oscarlover43055 said:
People are going to yell at you for keeping 2 Oscars in a 55. #%$& i had one in a 55 and got yelled at on some other forum. So i deleted my account and came here. The people are nice, and see are the fish ;)
what would they do to me if I tell them that I'm keeping my pair with some 1 inch babies in a 32g? :lol:

BTW, nice oscars splash.
It's been done in a 30 gallon before lol! post a thread and ask if that will work and see the responses... lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
oscarlover43055 said:
Blu-ray said:
oscarlover43055 said:

BTW, nice oscars splash.
It's been done in a 30 gallon before lol! post a thread and ask if that will work and see the responses... lol
no need because I can find people around me that breed oscars in 20g tanks! lol

anyway, I have had them for 1.5 year ( since they were baby ) in this tank and its a long time that I'm planning on getting a big enough tank for them but I couldn't afford it yet. now I'm growing up +700 of their babies to sell them and get a bigger tank for parents.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Blu-ray said:
oscarlover43055 said:
Blu-ray said:
oscarlover43055 said:

BTW, nice oscars splash.

anyway, I have had them for 1.5 year ( since they were baby ) in this tank and its a long time that I'm planning on getting a big enough tank for them but I couldn't afford it yet. now I'm growing up +700 of their babies to sell them and get a bigger tank for parents.
Do you ship,? lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blu-ray

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:48 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oscarlover43055 wrote:
Blu-ray wrote:
oscarlover43055 wrote:
People are going to yell at you for keeping 2 Oscars in a 55. #%$& i had one in a 55 and got yelled at on some other forum. So i deleted my account and came here. The people are nice, and see are the fish

what would they do to me if I tell them that I'm keeping my pair with some 1 inch babies in a 32g?

BTW, nice oscars splash.

Just curious how big were yours when they spawned. These two rub against each other alot and some times lip lock but nothing serious. One of them is definately dominant. I have two africans in the tank that swim with them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
oscarlover43055 said:
Do you ship,? lol
lol I don't think so Its a long way but you can come and take some if you want! :wink:
Splash55 said:
Just curious how big were yours when they spawned. These two rub against each other alot and some times lip lock but nothing serious. One of them is definately dominant. I have two africans in the tank that swim with them.
they were 6.5" female and 7.5" male when they paired off and 6 months later they spawned for the first time at size of 9" and 10". second spawn was a few weeks ago with a period of 6 months!

generally I think they can try to spawn when they get bigger than 6-7" but for a successful spawn they should be bigger and near 1 year old.

yours seems to be big enough, can you vent them? see any breeding tube?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts