Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oscar thats around 6-7"s in a 40gal. I am currently looking for a 130 or similar size, but recently I was looking at the sides of the tank and at first it looked like tiny bubbles or a scratch, but as I looked closer I found out that they are tiny tiny white worms. They are not free swimming and stay relatively close to the bottom near the gravel. I was wondering if anyone would know what they are or how to kill them. I would try to take pics, but I highly doubt that they will be able to be seen from a pic.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
What is your water change schedule on the tank?

What are the water parameters?

It sounds like some of the common worms that we see in a tank (hydra or planaria) that can usually be contributed to excess waste in the tank. I would increase the water changes and cut back on feeding...Just take a sponge and remove them from the side of the tank prior to doing your water change. They should disappear over time if you change your habits a bit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know im not changing the water enough, and I might be over feeding. I will adjust both, but These are not parasitic correct?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
No...They sound like the common problems everyone has in a tank when they get a bit behind on the water changes and overdo it with food! :thumb:

I had a worse problem with this in my oscar tank than I've ever had in any other tank. They are such messy fish, and always seem to be starving, so it's so easy to overfeed them. That just leads to more waste, and then you have problems like this...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts