Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I really like Eels. I think they are cool to watch and really cute too. The main issue I've always had with them is that they are too curious for thier own good. 5 out of the 7 I've owned ended up on the floor through a space in the back of the tank or trying to get into the HOB Filter (1 of them practically lived in there until he missed one day). The other two didn't win the fight against the oscars.

I'm picking up a Fire eel that is big enough to deal with the baby oscars and grow with them. So 1 CoD is dealt with. Now on to the second issue and the reason for posting here.

EggCrate. That's it :lol: I bought some eggcrate and cut it to carefully fit around my filters.

View of the front filter return:

View of the front filter return:

Shot of the filter return:

I know it's simple but hopefully complex enough to stiffle the eel :dancing: :dancing:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Good luck I went to purchase some egg crate at Lowes yesterday. Bot they have really made it alot thinner and more brittle.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
We get ours at local paneling supply centers. They usually have a large assortment of light diffusers and commercial grade "egg crate".

·
Registered
497 Posts
His does look a lot more durable than LOWES/Home Depot stuff. I ue it under my ubstrate to protect from rock slides should they occur.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts