Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My newest addition is an electric blue/Sciaenochromis fryeri. BEAUTIFUL FISH with red, white and blue markings. Tank is 55 gal with 4 acei and 4 labs. I have had him 2 days now and he wont eat and every time I go around the tank he takes off and hides til I get a good distance from tank. He is the biggest at around 5 inches. Could it be a wild fish is why it darts at the site of me? And not eatting due to stress of move?

·
Registered
554 Posts
New fishes sometimes take a couple of days to calm down and start eating. Make sure it's not the Acei bullying him.

Doubt it's a wild fish, they usually cost their weight in gold.

Might be worth moving this to the illness/health/nutrition forum, more people know what the signs of stress and such are over there.

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
Definitely give him a week or two to settle in. It's common not to feed new fish the first day anyway. A 55G is a smallish tank for a fryeri, but chances are he will be less skittish in a month or two.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Mine is/was a bit more shy around so many mbuna.

I have a 6' tank, top is sectioned in two. All the mbuna feed off the left half of the tank (cept a few yellow labs near the bottom) - and my SciFry hangs out in the middle, then feeds on the right half when I drop the food in on that side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts