Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Boil agar before use (as it usually says on the instructions) otherwise some types do not set fully.
Thanks for sharing the recipy. :thumb:
Depends on type how much you need to use. You are going to have to experiment I think but the instructions on the pack should be a good guide.
I see it has a lot more ingredients in it now, than when published in the Enjoying Cichlids book. Classic European Shrimp Mix.:wink:
Dunno but I would still use whole shrimps carapace eggs eyes and all, blended in a food processer. The carapace guts eyes etc have some colour enhancers etc in them that help give colour and vitality I hear.
Usually best to change diet slowly. As they will need time for thier gut bacteria to regrow safely to digest high roughage/fiber, frozen/fresh foods.

All the best James

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
On a more somber note you can get it from most chemical supliers and Microscopy supplie shops as it is used on agar plates for growing and Iding bacteria and even school labs have it. That is if you want to avoid the vegan wierdos and health food (rip off) shops. (I sure do)
eg http://www.keywordspy.co.uk/overview/ke ... r%20powder

All the best James

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.