Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the process of working on a shrimp and guppy tank. looking for advice on the care of the shrimp. is there any special requirements? i understand hikari has food specifically for them, ill probably get that. What concerns me is that someone once told me something along the lines of needing to use iodine to induce breeding or to keep healthy shrimp. just curious about everyones experiences really. thanks for reading and replying :popcorn:

·
Registered
211 Posts
sorry cant help you. maybe try looking on google?

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I keep and raise cherry shrimp on crushed pellet food. They'll eat regular fish food, and algae, and don't need iodine added to water to breed. Keep some java moss in the tank attached to driftwood for them. What type of shrimp are you thinking of keeping?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
We keep Cherry Shrimp in the refugium. Haven't fed them yet this year. They eat just about any scrap of food that the fish miss.

Somehow two venustus fry got in there and we let them grow out a bit. They decimated our stock from a few hundred to just a dozen or so :eek: . After about two months we have seen some shrimpettes so the colony is growing again.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well currently im setting up a new ten gallon for some premo guppies im getting in shortly. figured what better to go with guppies then little tiny shrimp. gonna be a low tech planted tank. just got some cherry shrimp and then i have a trade going through next weekend for some orange eyed blue tigers. just figured id try and get some hands on opinions on what to do. sounds like not much lolz :)

on a side note: why post anything at all if you cant assist me in any way....

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol well this is clearly not the right forum to be asking about this kinda thing hahaha moderators please CLOSE :roll:

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Anthraxx8500 said:
lol well this is clearly not the right forum to be asking about this kinda thing hahaha moderators please CLOSE :roll:
You asked for specifics on food and I gave you that. Also you asked about iodine and I answered that too. What else specifically are you looking for? It's a pretty much 'just add water' setup. And, this is a cichlid forum, so most of those here that are keeping guppies and shrimp are doing so to feed them to our cichlids. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts