Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a really silly question but Im a bit confused at the moment. I picked up a colony of yellow labs from a friend when he got out of cichlids and I finally got around to giving them a close look the other day and noticed funny brown spots in their mouths. Upon closer inspection I realized they were little brown teeth. Now, normally fish having teeth wouldn't be cause for confusion, but I have two other groups of yellow labs from seperate sourced on which I cannot see any teeth. Are yellow labs supposed to have teeth? I know my original labs are pure, but I am not so sure about these new ones now. Could it be that my labs have white teeth I can't see and that these have brown ones because of the conditions they lived in? (My friend wasn't the best about keeping up water quality etc.)

Anyways, I'd just like to know because I put them up for sale and if they aren't pure yellow labs I would like to be accurate in my description of them. Other than the teeth they look like every yellow lab I've ever seen.

·
Super Moderator
2,018 Posts
You might be able to get more money for them if you find that little itty bitty toothbrush your yellow labs have been using. :p Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Deeda are the teeth supposed to be brown then lol? Maybe it has something to do with diet? If my other yellow labs have teeth they are definetely sparkling white :p.

·
Registered
188 Posts
my momma says yellow labs are ornery cuz they got all them teeth and no toothbrush

1 - 6 of 6 Posts