Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 weeks ago my BGGG Dempseys spawned for the 3rd time.They are in a 46 gallon bow tank.The other 2 times I removed fry,but none survived.This time I left the fry in with their parents.It was a small spawn,maybe 100 eggs.(the other 2 times there were hundreds of eggs)After 2 weeks I noticed the parents were always hiding.Then I saw the females tail was almost totally bitten off.I removed the male and put him in a 20 gallon tank by himself.(by the way he's 5 inches,she's 4 inches)It's all that I had,I know a 20 is too small,but it's just temporary.Well only about a dozen fry survived.There are some regular dempseys,some gold,and a few electric blues.They are all about a 1/2 inch.Question I have is, can I just put the male back in with the female(of course relocate the fry)or should I put up a tank divider that I made for this 46 bow and let them get used to each other all over again through the divider?By the way her tail healed nicely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.