Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 weeks ago my BGGG Dempseys spawned for the 3rd time.They are in a 46 gallon bow tank.The other 2 times I removed fry,but none survived.This time I left the fry in with their parents.It was a small spawn,maybe 100 eggs.(the other 2 times there were hundreds of eggs)After 2 weeks I noticed the parents were always hiding.Then I saw the females tail was almost totally bitten off.I removed the male and put him in a 20 gallon tank by himself.(by the way he's 5 inches,she's 4 inches)It's all that I had,I know a 20 is too small,but it's just temporary.Well only about a dozen fry survived.There are some regular dempseys,some gold,and a few electric blues.They are all about a 1/2 inch.Question I have is, can I just put the male back in with the female(of course relocate the fry)or should I put up a tank divider that I made for this 46 bow and let them get used to each other all over again through the divider?By the way her tail healed nicely.

·
Registered
406 Posts
If the mom is completely healed, you can try to put him back into the tank but you'll need to watch the tank carefully. Can you setup some hiding places that only she can get into?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts