Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My female yellow lab, 2 inches long won't eat!
It's been 2 days now. When I'm not around she just sits on the gravel at the corner of the tank by the filter, and when I come around for feeding time, she hides in the rocks!
Her fins look fine, her scales are all good, her mouth region is slim so i don't think she's holding if possible, and she swims perfectly fine. She looks perfectly healthy to me.

I re-did my tank set up a bit a few days ago when i cleaned the tank, could this have startled her a bit?

Anyone have any ideas what else could be wrong with her?

any help would be great! thanks! =)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't moved her in a hospital tank yet since I got home real late the other night, but I did watch her this morning. She didn't eat again but she looks like she's constantly chewing, could this mean anything?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't moved her in a hospital tank yet since I got home real late the other night, but I did watch her this morning. She didn't eat again but she looks like she's constantly chewing, could this mean anything?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ohhh guess I got to prepare for some babies!
Her mouth region still seems a little slim, I tried to look closely but I couldn't see anything in her mouth.
I never noticed her spitting any food out earlier before she stopped eating, but when I watch her now her mouth gets really big and her dorsal fin goes up, almost like she's yawning except it looks a lot more like chomping, I just guessed that it could be her turning her eggs or something?

This is my first pregnancy, and this forum was very helpful!! Thanks for everything =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.