Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have two small labs (2.5") that are holding for the first time. Until the eggs hatch it can be alot less noticable that she's holding. The first one I noticed when she didnt eat & my female cuckoo cats were a little ruffed up. The 2nd I noticed when my cuckoo cats were going nuts. I didnt the actual spawns to try to save any cat eggs.

·
Registered
773 Posts
exasperatus2002 said:
I have two small labs (2.5") that are holding for the first time. Until the eggs hatch it can be alot less noticable that she's holding. The first one I noticed when she didnt eat & my female cuckoo cats were a little ruffed up. The 2nd I noticed when my cuckoo cats were going nuts. I didnt the actual spawns to try to save any cat eggs.
Also if you watch closely, when she's facing you head on, you can see into her mouth & see either egg or baby. you can watch her "mouthing" her clutch too to move the eggs around periodically if you watch long enough.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.