Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My female yellow lab, 2 inches long won't eat!
It's been 2 days now. When I'm not around she just sits on the gravel at the corner of the tank by the filter, and when I come around for feeding time, she hides in the rocks!
Her fins look fine, her scales are all good, her mouth region is slim so i don't think she's holding if possible, and she swims perfectly fine. She looks perfectly healthy to me.

I re-did my tank set up a bit a few days ago when i cleaned the tank, could this have startled her a bit?

Anyone have any ideas what else could be wrong with her?

any help would be great! thanks! =)

·
Registered
874 Posts
if you are sure that she is not holding, best thing would be to relocate to hospital tank.

did you notice her spitting familiar food before she stopped eating?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't moved her in a hospital tank yet since I got home real late the other night, but I did watch her this morning. She didn't eat again but she looks like she's constantly chewing, could this mean anything?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't moved her in a hospital tank yet since I got home real late the other night, but I did watch her this morning. She didn't eat again but she looks like she's constantly chewing, could this mean anything?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Sounds like she could be holding.

·
Registered
50 Posts
could be holding, but this sounds like something that just happened to me. The fish would start spitting out food, then stop eating, and then it always looked like it was chewing. Does anything look funny with the mouth? I thought I had columnaris, but when I treated for it it nothing changed, and another fish died. I decided it was bloat and treated with clout, and I haven't lost any fish since...
I'm not sure what I had but it sounds a lot like this...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ohhh guess I got to prepare for some babies!
Her mouth region still seems a little slim, I tried to look closely but I couldn't see anything in her mouth.
I never noticed her spitting any food out earlier before she stopped eating, but when I watch her now her mouth gets really big and her dorsal fin goes up, almost like she's yawning except it looks a lot more like chomping, I just guessed that it could be her turning her eggs or something?

This is my first pregnancy, and this forum was very helpful!! Thanks for everything =)

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have two small labs (2.5") that are holding for the first time. Until the eggs hatch it can be alot less noticable that she's holding. The first one I noticed when she didnt eat & my female cuckoo cats were a little ruffed up. The 2nd I noticed when my cuckoo cats were going nuts. I didnt the actual spawns to try to save any cat eggs.

·
Registered
796 Posts
exasperatus2002 said:
I have two small labs (2.5") that are holding for the first time. Until the eggs hatch it can be alot less noticable that she's holding. The first one I noticed when she didnt eat & my female cuckoo cats were a little ruffed up. The 2nd I noticed when my cuckoo cats were going nuts. I didnt the actual spawns to try to save any cat eggs.
Also if you watch closely, when she's facing you head on, you can see into her mouth & see either egg or baby. you can watch her "mouthing" her clutch too to move the eggs around periodically if you watch long enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts