Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I have a red spot gold severum that has a swollen belly. I noticed he was not moving much last night. Today was more of the same and I noticed his belly appeared to be swollen. He is probably around 5yrs old or so. No change in feedings, and everyone else in the tank is doing great. If anyone has some ideas on what could be going on or suggestions on what to do that would be great.
Fin Fish Underwater Water Fish supply
Water Underwater Fin Marine biology Fish
Water Fin Underwater Fish Fish supply

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately he did not make it. I was unable to treat food as mentioned just due to the fact that he would not eat. I did quarantine and treat with API general cure, but he seemed to far gone by then. Just wanted to post a follow up for anyone who may have looked at this thread. If any one has ideas on what could have been the issue I would love to know just for the knowledge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dropsy was one of my first thoughts as well. However the scales did not pinecone like is common from my experience with the disease previously. Just a little back group. He was in a 210 gallon that gets bi-weekly 25% water changes. I actually did a 50% last week. I did test the water and had zero ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite. Kit is maybe a year old, so it could be off a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts