Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved to London, sold all my fish which I had for several years, and for more than a year I've been aching to get back into it.

My wife was not overly enthusiastic about my hobby so getting started had its challenges. Until one day I found a deal I could not miss.

I bought this used 180G tank, twin overflows, with a 40G breeder as a sump and an FX5, lights, stand, powers heads, the lot.

The stand needs to be painted, has no doors, it needs trimming around the tank and I also need to build a top for it. The perfect project for a rainy day, and here there are LOTS of them!!

So before she fully understood the impact of a six foot tank in a house half the size of the one we had in the US, I rang up some movers, and brought it home.

The decoration I packed and brought with me, sounds crazy, but I just had to bring something from my old tanks.

_DSC6145 by lucrent, on Flickr

Here's the sump, it can be improved, and the FX5. The cooler is my fish carrier/hospital/quarantine tank.

_DSC6125 by lucrent, on Flickr

_DSC6126 by lucrent, on Flickr
[/img][/list][/list][/code]
Next stop, LFS. :dancing:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Glad you are back in it. Looks like a great setup. Enjoy!

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
that lamp is sweet... mounting brackets for those things are 150.00 alone...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the positive comments!!

My plan is to populate with Frontosa, not sure which yet, really depends on what I can source locally. I really enjoyed the ones I had.

I'm particularly interested in mixing some other fish with them. Though I know that Frontosa are probably best kept alone, I like variety in the tank. I'm taking some of the suggestions of the what fish to keep with Frontosa article, and started with a couple of clown loaches, I'll add more until I get to five in total. I'm slowly acclimating them for a few days, the LFS water is already at 7.5.

While I'm breaking rules, I have two pieces of drift wood in a tank, for what ever reason a couple nice pieces of drift wood look great!! The water here is naturally alkaline and the sand is acting as buffer. It's steady in the tank at 8.2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts