Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I've finally decided to set up a Shell Dweller tank, so I'm going to sell some of my Betta's to free up one of my tanks. I have a few questions though. I have two tanks that I can use. One is 17" x 12" x 12" and the other is 20" x 10" x 12.5". The dimensions are length, width, then height. Which tank would be best to use?

Question number 2, I have the opportunity to purchase 'Lamprologus' brevis "Kitumba", 'Lamprologus' meleagris, 'Lamprologus' ornatipinnis "Kigoma", 'Lamprologus' speciosus, and 'Lamprologus' ocellatus "Blue". All are F1. Which would be best for the tanks that I have available and how many should I keep?

This is my first time keeping Tanganyikans, so I appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think the tanks are a horse apiece so pick witch ever. I'd maybe go with the longer one.

As for you second question I've only kept brevis from that list and I like them a lot. But I keep just a pair in a three gallon so I can't comment on how many for a larger tank. Meleagris are high on my list to keep so that's my vote :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, just found out the Meleagris are all spoken for, sigh, so I'll have to rule that one out. I'd still love to hear people's opinions on the others though.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that helps a lot! They arrive on Friday, so I'll make sure to post some pictures once I have them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts