Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am going to be setting up a species only tank for Pseudotropheus Demasoni's any good advice, tips, info greatly appreciated :) Anyone in NH have any large groups of these for sale. Large group pricing also appreciated!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Lots of rockwork, get plenty of juvies because you'll probably need to rehome a few as the colony sorts itself out. 50/50 and/or actinic lighting will make their blues pop.

What size tank are you thinking?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Buy a good base group of 15-20. If you want more, once they start breeding, and they will, you'll be overrun so no point in spending more than you have to up front.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just acquired one dozen demasoni and am in a similar position... kind of wondering if it's wise to have other species in with the demasoni. I was thinking about keeping some yellow labs. Is that advisable?

Thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
Labs and demasoni are a classic :)

Basically, yes, it works, as long as you keep to the basic guidelines.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nina_b said:
Labs and demasoni are a classic :)

Basically, yes, it works, as long as you keep to the basic guidelines.
Yeah, the color combination is awesome. I just hope the demasoni won't be too much for the labs, though.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Good luck with all dems, im having an issue with my setup below with the dems killing off each other.. little ******** :lol:

6 yellow labs
4 red zebras
12 demasoni

Im having issues with my demasoni slowly being killed off by other males. Hopefully you have better luck. You can see my thread here http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/view ... p?t=223875

·
Registered
86 Posts
I recently traded in my 50g for a 75g with the intent on making it a Demasoni and Yellow lab tank! I have a lot of rocks, shells, basically an abundance of hiding places for them! I'd recommend getting at least 15 but preferably 20 Demasoni! I have 20 myself and 8 Yellow Labs I've raised! There is aggression but the larger the number the more the aggresion is dispersed amidst the whole colony! Fantastic combination!!!!! Let me know how it works out for ya!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts