Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I will be setting up a 180g in the near future for someone and was looking for some suggestions. I've been out of the freshwater world for the past year since I went to salt. I've had several nice all male peacock/hap show tanks in the past, and am looking to provide the same here.

I'm looking for suggestions for a stocklist, equipment etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I have an all male hap/peacock tank and I can't think of a better African cichlid tank set up. I didn't feel like drilling the tank for a sump (Which would have been ideal) so I am running an Fluval FX5, Marineland C360 and two Emperor 400's HOB. 1 Penn Plax heater and 1 Jager heater. My substrate is pool filter sand and I have alot of rocks! I don't have the entire stock list so here are a few....

Sciaenochromis Fryeri, Protomelas Stevenii, Cyrtocara Moorii, Otopharynx Lithobates, Placidochromis Electra, Lethrinops Nyassae Mbawa (Black fin), Nimbochromis Fuscotaeniatus (My personal favorite but a little aggressive), Chilotilapia Rhoadesii, Nimbo Venustus, Nimbo Livingstonii (who recently jumped out of the tank and died), Placidochromis VC10, and about 5 different Aulonocara species. 2 Synodontis Multipunctatus catfish. Oh and two mbuna yellow labs.

I got them all as juveniles. They are maturing nicely and I really haven't had any problems thus far.

·
Registered
572 Posts
start off with a sand substances no gravel. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts