Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so my 125 is set up. I added 2 chunks of drift wood from my other tank, some plant clippings, and 1 liter of eheim substrate pro from my established filter on my 46 gallon mixed with 4 liters of new substrate pro in my eheim 229. I have the lights off, temp up to 85* and dosing with ammonia to do a fishless cycle. Soooo, how long do ya'll think it will take to cycle? :D

And I'm picking up an eheim II pro 2218 this weekend that I will be setting up on the tank as well. Thinking of trying out the Azoo media from fosters and smith.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'm going to pass on the 2128 and go with the 2217. The 2217 I found for $135 shipped. It would cost almost $100 just to get the media for the 2128.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I'd drop the dose down to 1-2ppm. Unless you're initially overstocking with adults, you don't need more. I'd probably do a water change to cut the concentration in half at this point.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never thought of that, but your sure right! lol. I'll bring it down to 2. That should sure cycle faster that way anyway.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Mandy, the 2217 is a great work horse of a filter. Order the 12x15" mesh bags to put your bio media in to make cleaning the canister easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts