Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do like what Seachem have to offer in their range of products.
I currently use - prime, matrix and alert strips in all my tanks/filters.
Just wondered what you guys/gals use from Seachem and what you couldn't do with out from them..?

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
Nothing whatsoever.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I use Safe, Purigen, and Metroplex, plus some others. Could I do without them? Sure, I guess. Whether there are other comparable products out there I don't know but I believe the Seachem products I use are very good.

·
Registered
505 Posts
ken31cay said:
I use Safe, Purigen, and Metroplex, plus some others. Could I do without them? Sure, I guess. Whether there are other comparable products out there I don't know but I believe the Seachem products I use are very good.
I agree; SeaChem makes reliably high-quality products.

For water chemistry, I use SeaChem Safe, Cichlid Lake Salt, and Tanganyika Buffer in all my tanks, which together with an aragonite substrate result in a stable pH~9. There are less expensive ways to do this, but the SeaChem reagents cost a small fraction of the value of my fish collection. I also use Purigen in some of my filters, especially with messy fishes like Tropheus.

I rarely need to use medication, but have found that SeaChen Paraguard is an effective prophylactic treatment for recently imported wild-caught fishes, if indicated.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Prime, flourish npk, flourish comprehensive, flourish iron, flourish excel occasionally, flourish purigen occasionally, paraguard for quarantining fish, metroplex, kanaplex, and focus. I love seachem.

·
Registered
641 Posts
sir_keith said:
For water chemistry, I use SeaChem Safe, Cichlid Lake Salt, and Tanganyika Buffer in all my tanks, which together with an aragonite substrate result in a stable pH~9. There are less expensive ways to do this, but the SeaChem reagents cost a small fraction of the value of my fish collection. I also use Purigen in some of my filters, especially with messy fishes like Tropheus.
I use their Cichlid Lake Salt, along with epsom salt and baking soda in my buffer solution. Regarding cost vs. value of fish, I agree.

...SeaChen Paraguard is an effective prophylactic treatment for recently imported wild-caught fishes, if indicated.
My Discus supplier swore by this for all his incoming stock.

·
Registered
114 Posts
ken31cay said:
sir_keith said:
I use their Cichlid Lake Salt, along with epsom salt and baking soda in my buffer solution. Regarding cost vs. value of fish, I agree.

...SeaChen Paraguard is an effective prophylactic treatment for recently imported wild-caught fishes, if indicated.
My Discus supplier swore by this for all his incoming stock.
Just a little PSA, Seachem Paraguard does NOT get rid of snails from plants. They somehow survive. Shrimp die within a few minutes in a dip concentration. It does seem to do a good job of getting rid of parasites and other nasties on fish though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.