Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just manged to swangle a 240 ltr juwel tank for £40 but i has alot of minor surface scrtahces on the glass

is there anyway i can get rid of these scratchs or will i allways have to put up with them

thanks in adavnce for any replys

please excuse spelling

darren

·
Registered
117 Posts
you can buy a glass polishing kit from Frost Restorations that will attach to your drill you can give that a try.

let me know how you get on!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will do thanks for the info

ill post before and after pics also :)

if i can get this clean what a result :)

green terrors here i come :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very sorry but i cant seem to find this product or the company any chance of a link

thanks again

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I might hope for your success but tell you that it is not something I've been able to do with my tank. I have tried all remedies suggested and all failed. I have tried auto buffing compounds as well as various polishing compounds using power tools. Glass seems to be too hard for anything but commercial equipment and given plenty of time to work it. That puts it out of my price range. The cost of removing the scratches was going to be more than replacing the tank. Just be aware, the cures sound great but do they work??

·
Registered
117 Posts
well i think for £20-30 its worth a try.

to remove a scratch it doesn't necessarily mean all the material around the scratch has to be removed down to the depth of the scratch, if just the edges of the scratch can be rounded off then the appearance of the damage can be greatly reduced as its the light reflecting off the straight edges and sharp corners that you actually see.

for a few helpful tips on polishing glass see this guide

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=95965

1 - 8 of 8 Posts