Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 180 for way cheap and after i got it cleaned up i saw that its pretty scratched up . Does anyone know how to remove scratches from glass? Please help

·
Registered
117 Posts
you need a glass polishing kit that fits on your electric power drill.
look into auto detailing suppliers for kits like this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just remember it may take quite along time to get the glass right once you start. I knew of someone who did it and it takes quite alot of patience.

I think the chap wanted to chuck it all out the window quite afew times!!
Good luck.

·
Registered
117 Posts
well you dont need to polish out the scratches completely, just rounding off the edges of the scratch will dramatically reduce its appearance. mind you if the glass is thick enough and you've got the time you might as well do a proper job.

just remember to use plenty of compound and the fastest speed on your drill with a regular water spritz from a greenhouse mister to keep it wet.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!! Do you guys nave any idea where to get such a kit and do you have any that you recommend? If you have to just send me a pm please

·
Registered
623 Posts
Canadian tire, Rona, home depot, home hardware. Used to use them at my old job. They will help reduce appearance but may not get rid of it entirely. If you can't get it all put adjust your tanks lighting to hide it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts