Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so my plan was to have a community of saulosi's in a 55 gallon. I bought 20 fry, so far I have atleast 11 males and possibly a few more. The community so far has failed as I keep getting a bully that pushes everyone to one side and then digs for himself. I know this is normal but the others literally don't move. I've been removing the bullies one by one and so far I've removed 8 males.

So I'm thinking about just keeping a trio and adding some other cichilds.

Are tank mates just going to be no blue/black barred or yellow, around the same mature size? I'd like to add a trio of zebra obliqidens and maybe one other group. Thought? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
Sounds like a plan, but I would keep 1m:4f of the saulosi. Maybe a blue like socolofi or callainos.

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
Acei are really too big for a 55G. If you had a 75G (48" x 18" rectangle) they would be a good choice.

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
Rusties are a good fit for a 55G.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I snagged 6 juvie rusties today. So if I kept 1m4f saulosi and the rusties, could I add any red zebras?

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
I don't like the contrast (too similar) between saulosi females and estherae. But it would work. 1m:4f.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I think you're correct that they're too similar. But sure it'll give me the look I'm going for. I'm really trying to get 3 distinct mbunas. What about Albino Socolofi?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts