Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to get a salvini or a large year old jd.I was wondering can the salvini be tankmates with myRedhead,Flowerhorns,blackbelt,green terror,and pair of convicts?Should i
start my 55g and he would be the only fish until my pbjd grow and are ready to spawn( hoping i got two females but one would do)

·
Registered
228 Posts
your going to struggle with the fish u have unless u plan on getting a 140gal and even then u may have problems

flowerhorns can get as nasty as red devils and a 140 houses only the two alone....

·
Registered
373 Posts
your question is a little confusing.
Do you mean you have a really big tank with all those fish, and you are asking whether or not to get the 55 gal ready in case the fish starting beating up on the new one?

I'm not sure, but either way, I would put the Dempsey or Salvini in a tank by itself. Jack Dempseys are kinda aggressive sometimes, and I've never owned a Salvini, so I'd see how it does by it's self that way. Reply soon. Adios!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry havnt been able to get online for awhile.I know i have to stop with the fish, wife said so to.Well i have a 80g with the fish mentioned looking to upgrade(I know tank before the fish)but for now I am done collecting.One of the reasons is my convicts keep spawning and wife dont want me to use them as feeders.I knew salvinis where aggressive but what a nickname.Thanks for all the posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts