Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been expecting this for about 5 days and they finally have eggs again! And now I can have clean slate from my previous problems and raise up Salvini fry successfully! :D Pics will come up eventually. As soon as I have wrigglers and everything. I have a feeling my Salvini pair have spawned sometime today. They usually spawn during the day but in previous spawns they have spawned at night as well! :D :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
CL,
Congarts! I am looking forward to seeing some pics. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

I will definately post some pics as soon as possible! I feel I have posted enough egg pictures from my previous spawns that you guys know how it all goes down. They spawned in the usual spot: the flower pot!

It is very exciting! And the addicting part of the whole hobby besides keeping them and watching them grow and show colors.

I will keep you guys updated as I usually do! :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
How often do yours spawn?

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From all of my other spawns and including this one I would say once every 3 - 3 1/2 weeks. But thats with high protiened foods such as Brine Shrimp, Beefheart, Mysis Shrimp, Emrald variety, Bloodworms, and Plankton. All are frozen foods and I also throw in Flakes in the morning. Also I do weekly 25-30% syphons. And I raise the temperature to about 80-82 F.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Once cichlids start it's almost hard to stop them!
Hard ,try impossible short of seperating them to different tanks :wink: . They sometimes slow down but I've yet to see any stop.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here they are! I have a video and a pic. I know I said I would wait a little bit but......... I couldn't do it anylonger!

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m20/ ... V01864.flv

Video last night

Pic from today! Sorry if its not the best view they kept attacking the glass while I was there!

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well my fry are freeswimming now and I have a video! I hope you guys enjoy it! I know Salvini are very protective of their fry and I really like it but I can't help but get annoyed because everytime I either take a pic or make a video they are both right up in my face and I can't get good shoots! :lol: :?

Here's the video link enjoy!! :D

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m20/ ... V01867.flv

1 - 14 of 14 Posts