Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided to score some Sajica for my new 75 gallon tank. Probably get about 5 or 6 juveniles then work down towards a pair or a trio.

I've seen plenty of pictures of the regular sajica as adults but can't seem to find any pics of the gold variety when they are mature. Which one do you guys think looks better as an adult?

Also how would they get along with bolivian rams?

Thanks guys (and gals!)!

:dancing:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I don't know anything about the gold variety, I only have the regular ones. Mine are very laid back and got bullied by angels so I think mine would be safe with bolivians. However I know someone who had a batch that was so aggressive they couldn't be kept with anything, the males even killed the females (these were wild caught fish). I'm pretty new to bolivian rams (just got a pair 2 days ago) so I'm no judge on their behavior

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I scored 4 Bolivian Rams at my LFS today. I've joined the club!

Now for the Sajica. I've found some gold variety on aquabid but am still unsure as to which I should get, Gold or Regular. From the reading I've done I might be leaning towards the regular as the gold seem to be somewhat drab. Any opinions on this? I need help!!!

:-?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I've never actually seen the gold ones. I love my regular ones (waited 2 years to get them) but to be honest, I don't find them all that colorful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts