Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two peacocks which spend all day lying on the floor in the corner. One gets picked on by the others, and the other is blind in one eye. They both come up to eat enthusiastically but then eventually go back to their corner. This has gone on for weeks now and i dont know what to do. I don't believe they are sick/diseased (apart from the one blindness).
What do i do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
If you want to let them live out their lives, put them in a hospital tank.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately i ordered some tank dividers to separate them but they seem to have arrived 2 days late .. haven't seen my strawberry peacock since and he went white right before he went missing :(

The one which is blind in one eye is still going and not too bad now, I'm thinking of monitoring him and maybe even put him in the sump if he gets bad again.

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
The problem in the first place is that the "Peacocks" seemed like they were being heavily bullied by other fish. Your setup was not working. Dividers are not a good solution.

How large/ long is your tank? What kind of fish are in there? How many fish in the tank?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
noki said:
The problem in the first place is that the "Peacocks" seemed like they were being heavily bullied by other fish. Your setup was not working. Dividers are not a good solution.

How large/ long is your tank? What kind of fish are in there? How many fish in the tank?
The tank is 250 litres/4 foot long, but they are being moved to a 5 foot/500 litre in the next few days.

There are about 30 fish in total at a guess, mostly Mbuna with maybe 5 or 6 peacocks. I never actually see the Mbuna bullying the peacocks though, it seems to be one dominant peacock picks on the rest (which are now very dull in colour).

Also have 6 clown loach about 5 inches each and one common plec about 7 or 8 inches.

Thanks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I had a strawberry peacock in with mbuna's and it didn't work out. It's too aggressive for most peacocks too thrive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts