Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello just wanted some feed back on my stocking. well its a 75 gallon tank footprint is 5ft by 1.5ft and 16 in. high. i currently have 4 severums that are about 4 in. i am planning only on keeping one or two. 2 jurupari that are about 5 in. and 2 pike one is about 8in the other is about 6 in. not sure of what species am guessing its etheir Crenicichla lugubris or Crenicichla johanna. will it work in the long run so far so good i think the pikes and the jurupari are both males opposite side of the tank.

·
Registered
586 Posts
thats a lot of fish in a small tank, 4 severums is way too much if they were in there alone, but 2 could work. Figure that 4 mid to large sized cichlids could work, and you have 8.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Pikes get quite aggressive and from what I read two males cannot be housed together long term... and a pair is just brutal...

I'd suggest narrowing down the Severums just like you mentioned and remove one of the pike... then I think you would have good long term potential, although nothings guaranteed with cichlids...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts