Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I acquired two female "Ruby" a while back cause my first females jumped, but there was always something I was wondering about. These (now one) female "Ruby" don't really have the same patterning as my first females, and patterning I have see on ruby females on the web. She has more of a vertical barring pattern then my first females, and the spot at the base of the tail is not there.

I was not able to get a picture, so I took a video instead.

I am going to get somemore rubies soon, so I'll take a look at them, and if they have the same patterning as my first females I am going to leave this female in this tank, and move the male in with the new rubies.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. I'll just keep a eye on her then. One nice thing about mouthbrooders is I can see what female is holding, and if I get any out of her, I will seperate them from the rest just in case.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Paleo fish
Thats a Ruby female, my ruby females look just like her. Kinda a silver gray solid color, not much pattern. They should have more of a horizontal baring toward the tail if any markings at all. I cant get mine to spawn tho, I'm down to two pairs, and I had to take one male out and put him in another tank before he got killed. My males seem to be more interested in being jerks then flirtatious. :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.