Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my all male Peacock (mostly peacock) tank going a few days ago. It's 60g 4' lots of hiding places/ territories with 10 fish mostly around 3". The first couple days they all got along, but now my Ruby Red has been harassing the Dragonblood so he now hides in the back corner of the tank behind a plant all day. He hasn't been injured to this point, but he only sneaks out briefly during feeding now. The two are similar in size and are colored nothing alike. The Ruby only messes with the one fish so far. I'd like to nip this in the bud early on. I have an extra empty tank thats operating. If I remove the bully for a week and reintroduce him later might that help? What are my best options besides getting rid of a fish?

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
You would expect all red and reddish (pink and orange included) fish to fight...this is why a ruby AND a dragon blood would not be recommended in all-male.

I have never had time out work, but if you want to try it...keep the bully out of the tank for six weeks, not just one week.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually a little more worried about him having an issue with a couple of the other fish he looks more similar to right now (Bi Color and Red Sun). Right now the Dragonblood is a bright pinkish red through out. The Ruby isn't showing any red. He has a blue head and a yellow/orangish barred body. These are my free swimmers if anyone has any thoughts.
Ruby Red
OB
Blue Dolphin
Dragonblood
Turkis
Hybrid Red Shoulder (looks more like an Electric Blue)
Bi Color 500
Red Sun
Yellow Lab
Red Eureka
Blood Parrot (much larger than other fish, Bright orange, not aggressive)

There is no aggression in the rest of the tank so far. Even between the Ruby and Dragonblood, aggression is limited because the DB stays in a little area behind some plants. He just gets chased around when he comes out. He is still coming out and eating at feeding time though without any problems.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I can't figure out how to directly post a pic into a reply (ya I read the post about it) but here is a link to imgur of the two fish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts