Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 125g tank with 4 demonsani 1 lab(I think) 1 pleco and another bottom eating fish that i have forgotten the name of.
My question is what kind of stocking should I do. I want to breed the dems. I looked at the cookie cutter tanks but the largest is 75 gallons. I also have 14 fry from the one lab in a small tank that I got from the one i purchased at the pet store. Yes, it was holding and spit in the little bag on the way to my house.

Thank you for all of your expertise and help. I hope to one day contribute with some gained experience.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Raise up those labs, add about 15-20 more demasoni, and eventually whittle those numbers to 8-10 labs and 15-18 demasoni. Then do ~8 of 2 more species.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Or just run those 2. Great colors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the help. the numbers I had come up with in my head were not very far away from the numbers you guys suggested. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been thinking about this more today. What others would u suggest I. This tank if I were to add other species?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
you already have yellow and bold blue with vertical bars (though they tend to keep to themselves).

maybe go for something pale, Cynotilapia Afra 'Hara', females are pale blue.

some would add red zebras for the orange color but your yellow labs will crossbreed with them. up to you though. i like the orange in my tank.[/list]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts