Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an Aqueon 20 Long at Petco. $1 per gallon today. I also picked up 48 lbs of Basalt rocks at the stone yard. I just wonder how much rock I can put in it? The bottom glass IS NOT Tempered glass. Glass thickness of sides and front and back is 3/16" What do you guys think? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,837 Posts
Put as much rock as you want in the tank, just be sure no pieces can topple over and use care when you place the rocks in the tank. Put the rocks in first and then add your substrate.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Deeda said:
Put as much rock as you want in the tank, just be sure no pieces can topple over and use care when you place the rocks in the tank. Put the rocks in first and then add your substrate.
This is probably the greatest piece of advice I read when setting mine up. These guys dig through the PFS all the way to the glass, it's amazing.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was just at Home Depot, they have a 2' x 4' piece of the egg crate type light diffuser for $14.95.

·
Super Moderator
1,837 Posts
I stopped using egg crate (light diffuser) years ago since my fish seem to uncover it daily and it looks odd in the tank.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hmm, didn't think about that! I covered most of the bottom of my 125 with a lot of rocks on it. I guess you could cut it and use it under individual rocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts