Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,006 Posts
Agreed, I'd probably bleach it to kill off anything that may be living in it, then let it soak in fresh water while monitoring the ammonia levels. If you get ammonia, (or an obvious bad smell) then you've got dead, decaying things, and you'll need to let that process play out before using it in your tank. You can try cleaning the rock, or just keep changing the water until you no longer get ammonia readings. Use dechlor to deal with the bleach and/or let the rocks dry out really well.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top