Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can i get some rocks and make/build a rock cave for my green terror. I dont want to have them against the glass or anything like that. Any Ideas??

·
Registered
102 Posts
Check out some of the ideas in the Library, under the DIY sections.
This should provide some insight for you.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
If you are in an area where local rocks are scarce, I suggest going to look around at a landscaping rock place. There will be numerous shapes of rock which will fit and at a cheap price. They are used to selling by the ton but may even give you a single rock if you look proud to get it! Think of brick shaped for the sides and one more flat for the "roof".

My small rock cave for mbuna:

I do an overnight soak in a few gallons of water and a 1/2 cup or so of bleach then rinse them and lay them out in the sun to dry. It never pays to assume that there is not grease or oil from the machinery they use. Kills any bacteria or fungus also just to start out knowing it is safe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I created one for my tank and used aquarium silicone to glue them together, that way I can grab the top shelf to lift and move the whole setup to vacuum. If any overflows just cut it after it dries until it does not show. I'll try and post a pic later.

·
Registered
211 Posts
There wouldnt be any problems putting it aganist the glass, *** always had rock aganish it no problems or anything

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.