Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Saw it last night. Very interesting. Maybe they'll cut a version that leaves out the monkeys...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I caught pieces of this last night. I have seen this before. They must have played it a few years ago because I remember the part about the brooding of the catfish eggs that hatch first and feed on the cichlid eggs. I felt like such a nerd pointing out fish, but it was awesome. I DVRed it too and am going to try and rip it to my computer. If I manage to get that done, I'll post it up for everyone to view.

And yea, effin monkeys?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I gotta get my capture device back from my mom and figure out what software I used last time, but I really want to make sure I have a copy on my PC. Plus, I have a few other things I need to rip down from the DVR. I will be sure to post back here if/when I do it. It more than likely won't be for a few days or weeks, but I'll try to do it ASAP. I know a lot of people would prefer to be able to see it online instead.

·
Registered
114 Posts
its on hulu

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
aprildawn said:
its on hulu
Got a VPN, can't find it on Hulu....got a link?
Edit: That hulu site is a mess, what a painful search system they have.
Anyway, couldn't find it anywhere, it does link to Discovery Science website that shows a minute and a half clip.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I couldn't find it on hulu either.

I have a page up on my site with the video embedded. PM me for a link.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I wish they would have left out all the anthropomorphizing; maybe it's because I spent my University years in science classes or maybe it's because I was raised on National Geographic, but it grates on me when human emotions and desires are attributed to animal instincts.

I almost turned off the sound after the third time egg-eating cichlids were described as "devious."

Of course I understand that these documentaries need to attract an audience, and dramatic writing is one way to do it. Ad Koning's "Malawi Cichlids Feeding Behaviour" would probably bore most people to tears, but not me!

Amazing footage though...

kevin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts