Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rift lake special on the Science Channel.
here is all the details.
It will show many times, so see if you can fit it into your schedule its worth it.

//science.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=48.16350.129743.39525

check it out its the fourth down on the site above

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
Just have been watching it...and it is really cool! :thumb:

Must see for Lake Malawi and Lake Tanganyika fans. Lots of excellent pro video in HD. Many many cichlids that you will recognize.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Especially loved/was completely creeped out by the parasitic catfish part. I mean, I know that's how they reproduce, but to see those things come out of a mbuna's mouth... Seriously a weird image.

·
Super Moderator
40,480 Posts
The show makes you sympathize with the mbuna and view the synos as evil. In my tanks the mbuna spit 100s of babies. But in five years I've gotten maybe 3 syno babies. So the synodontis have more of an uphill battle than portrayed IME.

The syno's do invariably try to get in the middle of every spawn. But I've only seen two syno egg releases (big cloud) and the mbuna are really very successful at reproducing in spite of it all.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have a digital copy. I'm working on setting up a page with the video embedded as well as an AVI for download if anyone wants to watch it. I should have it up in the next day or two. PM me for details.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks Rasco. Great vid. Us Canadians might have to wait a couple of months....or years, LOL, for these shows to make it up here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Subscribed for reference...interested in the video myself

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You will need to PM me for a link. I am not posting the link in a public forum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts