·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok what about these 3 species?

7-yellow labs
7-red zebras
7- blue johanni

and i intend to remove sub-alpha males! will these work??

Oh its for a 55G

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I responded to your last post, sorry if I disswayed you,
for this stocking yellow labs and redxreds have been known to crossbreed,
blue johanni ,is this a peacock?or a metriaclima?

Have you considered pseudotropheus saulosi,blue barred males,yellowish females,you could probably have 3 males coloured up with around 10 females,

then decide on one other species,you could add rusties or you could probably get away with red X reds or even snow white socolofi,

just an idea

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no you didnt im just tryin to find something that will give me 3 different colors im not wanting to do much breeding so i just really cant figure out what i want to do i know for sure i want yellow labs and blue johanni and i believe their peacocks so would they work out and if so what is one more species i could put with them??

·
Registered
162 Posts
jeremypb said:
ok what about these 3 species?

7-yellow labs
7-red zebras
7- blue johanni

Oh its for a 55G
If by blue johanni you mean Melanchromis Johannii I wouldn't do them because the females will be a orangish yellow color. You could do something like Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos "Maingano". Very similar coloring but the females will stay the black and blue color.
Since/If you really aren't interested in breeding and/or selling any of the fry there isn't really a need to worry about the fact that the Yellow Labs and Red Zebras will cross-breed. However if there is any chance you might change your mind I would find something to replace the Red Zebras with.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so let me ask this if I'm not in it for breeding would I be able to go back to aceis yellows and red?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I wouldnt do aceis,they need more room than a 55 can provide,maybe a cynotilapia afra species,cobues are nice ,and females are not totally drab looking

·
Registered
69 Posts
I can knock two species with one out for you. Metriaclima msobo Males are amazing looking (sort of the johanii look) and females are bright yellow. With that said as far as crossbreeding, they would not work with carealus and red zebras. Johanii are very aggresive and can become hyper-dominant. Msobos are aggressive but nothing like johaniis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts