Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! New user to this forum, but I have been here many times before. I have a 75 gallon Oceanic aquarium. I had bought it used with stand. I did a water test when I got it home and it held water. My only issue was the sealent on the sides were kind of sketchy looking. So I looked up how easy it was to reseal an aquarium. Looks fairly basic. My only question is what type of silicone is safe. I have stripped the tank of all its old sealent. I have read from many places that GE Silicone I 100% is aquarium safe. Does anyone happen to know for sure. I dont want to buy the SUPER expenvie sealent from the lps. Thanks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. Thats what I have bought. 2 tubes. I was just kind of holding off until I herd from some other people for sure. Thank you.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Make sure it is GE Silicone I window/door and not Silicone II window/door.

I have also used DAP 100% silicone. It was the only black silicone I could find for use in installing my background.

·
Registered
173 Posts
ge 1 window and door. I used that for resealing my tank. although I should have bought dap 100 black silicone. like the black seams better. But other wise it hold and works well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts