Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished setting up my new 125g and going to start treating the water in the next few days. Looking for feedback on the setup after getting so much help from folks here in these forums:

There are two Eheim 2217's in a cabinet off picture, you can see the vertical input tubes cut into the DIY syrofoam/concrete wall glued to the back. Got 120lbs of crushed coral covering two powerheads driving undergravel jets (3/powerhead). Aquascape is Lace Rock with some polished river stones & fake plants.

Goal is to set this up for a mixed Mbuna & Hap tank... the only concern I have right now is not enough open space for the Haps, but going to take it slow.

Got a *ton* of help from folks in these forums getting the canisters working (had a self-created air leak in the intake tubes), verifying the 10-15' of tubing between the tank & canisters would work and addressing cloudy water. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Looks pretty good so far ! I like the lace rock, looks like you goy some good pieces, but you could actually add more, you have more than enough open water for the haps.

The only other thing is, you're sand looks to be a little deeper than it needs to be. Just keep on top of cleaning it when you do your water changes, and move the rocks every once and a while to keep waste from building up in there.

Good luck with it !!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... yeah the substrate is a little extra deep... I kind of like the way it came out. Was a bit anal to having the fish digging and seeing the base of the plants, the tubing for the under gravel jets or the honeycomb bottom to support the rocks. Here are a few more pix:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looks great. Like the background. And you gotta love lace rock. Plus youre pretty close to a sink for easier water changes. :lol: Good luck with it mate!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts