Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw a cracked 125 on Craigslist today. I have the front panel of a 150 collecting dust. would I be able to swap out the 2 pieces? And how much of a pita would it be? The 125 is a 6ft'er so is the 150 pane.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Well if you can get the 125 VERY cheap and you are handy with a caulk gun give it a shot. There are plenty of diy tank resealing articles online. But I personally wouldn't spend more than $50 on the 125 incase it doesn't work. Just keep in mind if 125 gallons is alot of water if you don't do it right so make sure its worth the risk and if you trust yourself.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I do it it'll be in an unfinished basement next to a floor drain. So more worried about losing what's in the tank then anything around it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If the glass is the same size and thickness then I say go for it. It's just silicone, the hardest part is not destroying the trim pieces. If you break the trim Weld-On is great for repairs, it welds the plastic back together or you could just buy new ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.