Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....my new RENA SmartHeater 200 just arrived and it's in my tank now. The LED indicator is working per the manual settings and within 12 hours, my temp should be within margin or right on the money.

Love the inline feature, but using a Fluval 305 so it is just submerged near the the outtake. If anyone else uses a RENA smartheater, would love to hear your opinion over the long term. Thanks much! Cheers!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've been using a 200w on my 60g for over a year now. No problems and keeps the tank at temperature. I take it out during the summer months, no need for it then here in Alabama! I also have a 100w on my 33 long and it works like a charm too. I was doing a water change on that tank this morning and noticed that one of my little yellow labs was hiding in the open chamber in the middle of the heater :lol: !

I keep in the the center of the tank rather than near the outputs- I think it's fine when you have adequate flow. I also like that it's plastic- I'm scared that my rambunctious mbuna might break a glass one.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've been using them since I first saw them a couple years ago. I like them if I can't use a sump for the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts