Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my julies are breeding like crazy. I believe they are on their 2nd batch in 2 mos. I was anticipating this and was hoping I would have some predation from my altolamprologus and others. this is not the case. So, I am hoping their is a secret to removing them with them so tightly between to large rocks. Or is their a fish that I should look into that maybe a more effective predator? I do not mind a few more julies. But this may get out of hand quickly

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4 caudopunctas, 1 julidochromis Brundi(about 4inches), 1 neolamprologus tretochepalus , 10 blue fash cyps, 2 julidochromis ,1 black calvus(about palm size). nTank size is 75.

Like I said I was hoping that the Calvus, the larger julie and tretochepalus since they are significantly larger would allow some predation. not the case.

Is their maybe a catfish I could look into?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
You could look into getting a group of Synodontis multipunctatus, they will definitely eat the eggs if they can get to them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same thing going on with my Julies. It is like an infestion of roaches! There is lil fry all over the place. There is 2 different hatches allso. I have a Front, 3 Syn. Petricolia, and some muba in there an nothing is keeping them under control. I noticed the parents are really good at keeping there fry safe. Good luck on weeding yours out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EXACTLY! I guess my course of action is to disassemble the tank catch the babies and try the synodontis multipunctatus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts