Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sharing a recent experience with you, have had to take my prized 6 inch yellow tailed acei out of my main tank into my hospital tank due to a fungal infection, *** not kept cichlids that long but am amazed at how just 1 fish transfer can change the dynamics of the tank!!! my sub dominant male (kenyi AKA Bin Laden) is hosting the whole show and has very quickly become my dominant male and his second in command is a 5 inch fat yellow lab :) dont know where he popped up from as he was quite tame before the removal of my large acei! wow there worlds gonna rock when the acei is better and put back in lol i didnt realise this but it appears he had a calming effect on my tank, it looks bear without him :( get well soon big dave!

·
Registered
175 Posts
ya its weird but common...only takes one fish to change a entire tank mood
*** had similiar issues, after i moved, Then again when i sold two fish.
the aggressor that picked on my two fish instantly become a victim himself overnight.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeah, I had an issue with two yellow lab males fighting for dominance in my tank. Removed one of them and the whole dynamic changed and breeding instantaneously occurred! ;) Some things happen for a reason I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts