Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How agressive can red tail sharks get? I have one in a 125 gallon and I want to put some blue rams in with it. I'm worried that the RTS might harrass the rams.

Any advice?

·
Registered
705 Posts
in my opinion yes it will. it will also dwarf them big time sooner rather then later.. to the point that the rams will become a very attractive food source. ditch the shark if you wanna go with a long term community. if you had large predators then maybe keep the shark. but otherwise find him a new home

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess your right Ill stick with the RTS and build a community around it. Rams are probobly just too delicate. I would like a communty thats more hardy.

·
Registered
243 Posts
my rts is a bit wimpy. Its aggressive to everything until something fights back. It used to be the boss when it lived with my angels but would shy away from my catfish. Now it lives with an Indonesian tiger and it shys away from that. If you can get a fish Thats willing to stand up to one then they quickly become docile. Id say no to rams but in a 125 gallon you have loads of options. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts