Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
I recommend taking him back to the store and tell them you want a catfish that doesn't grow to over 5 FEET in length and over 150 lbs. in weight.

PlanetCatfish.com is probably a better source for information on catfish, but if you go there you will likely be flamed to the level of the Hiroshima atomic bomb. I'm guessing that you did not research what you were buying, and the jerks at the store did not warn you properly (might not make the sale if they do that, ya know). So I will simply say you really should take it back and find something of a more reasonable adult size - after you do a little research! :thumb:

·
Registered
796 Posts
Chromedome52 said:
I recommend taking him back to the store and tell them you want a catfish that doesn't grow to over 5 FEET in length and over 150 lbs. in weight.

PlanetCatfish.com is probably a better source for information on catfish, but if you go there you will likely be flamed to the level of the Hiroshima atomic bomb. I'm guessing that you did not research what you were buying, and the jerks at the store did not warn you properly (might not make the sale if they do that, ya know). So I will simply say you really should take it back and find something of a more reasonable adult size - after you do a little research! :thumb:
Well said. Unless you've got the bling & the room to convert a room in your house/basement into a display tank like a public aquarium has, the south american red tail cat will only suffer & die. They really need to stop importing them to the US.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i agree with the two post above. i just afraid you will lost alot of fish once he grow up. they are predator fish which feed on other fishs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts