Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this Red Fin Borelyi. Looking for confirmation on sex. Bought him at about 2" he is now 5". Didn't get much color. Bought as a male. However, the Insignus in the background started going nuts trying to mate with it today?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd lean towards a male with the finage and the red showing through. All male tank I assume? At 5inches he should be more colored but if you got him small and there were/are lots of bigger males in tank he may take awhile to color. But looks like a sub dom male IMO with that red coming through. Big females wont look like that. Hope that helps

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah he has colored down a bit since being harrassed. The breeding behavior was just rather odd to me.

·
Super Moderator
40,492 Posts
Spawning and fighting can look the same unless you see eggs. Why do you think you don't have two males fighting?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Insignus is chasing down the Borleyi and forcing him into a corner and doing the twitchy circle dance. Technical enough? lol

·
Super Moderator
40,492 Posts
Fighting. Harassment.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The spawning/fighting dance happens with a few of my males. It happens, not necessarily an out of the ordinary thing in a all male tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts