Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 90gal 4 foot tank. I'm in the process of righting my wronged tank by way of removing fish, and adding groups. This is what I have.

5 Yellow tailed acei (1female, 4 juvies)
4 red zebra's
4 yellow labs
4 elecrtic blue johanni's (1m 3F)

I would like to add a group of 4 red empress. They seem to be equal in agression with my elecric blues. Would you experts recomend this?

Also can I add small catfish? If so...how many.

Thanks!

·
Registered
554 Posts
yes, you can add a small catfish, synodontis species are awesome. Add a group of five.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Adding in Red Empress with your current stock is hit and miss. Adding them in after the others puts them at a disadvantage. I would probably pass.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many of my stock are new and some are only 1 inch big (or 1 inch small) Would you still say no go on the red empress?

·
Registered
705 Posts
first off the labs and the red zebras will hybridize so id dump the zebras. after doing that id say more acei/labs to start. if you really must have some peacock species make sure you take the time to give him proper housing within your aquarium. (im assuming they prefer open water and rock free sand to dance all over). also try to rearrange the rocks when you toss in new fish. just something to keep everyone guessing. GL to ya mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts