Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recenty bought a pair of Peacocks that said "Aulonocara Red Dragon" on the tank. I can't find any information in the cichlid profiles for red dragon. Does anyone know a different name they may go by? Or the correct name if they were improperly marked.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is not a pure bred fish, and their temperament size and colour have such a broad variation having any sort of profile could be misleading. Having said that it is becoming a popular fish so perhaps it will be introduced into the profiles section soon. This fish is very common and often goes by Dragons Blood Peacock, if you were to google Red Dragon Peacock or Dragons Blood Peacock you would get a plethora of images. I believe they would follow a similar aggression and size to the OB Peacock, but this would depend entirely on what the fish was created (bred) with in the first place. I had a Blood Dragon male at one point in time and he was a passive fish, but there were no females for him to get excited over :p .

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I bought one recently. The LFS had it labeled as a Ruby Red Peacock. Searching the interwebz led me to conclude they are the same, or similar, hybrid as the Dragons Blood. Either way, he/she is a beautiful species.

G

·
i have one that was labeled... red malawi at the lfs... however *** also seen these as strawberry peacocks...good looking fish whatever they call it

·
Registered
49 Posts
The ruby red is auloconara rubescens. Not a hybrid, line bred.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.