Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaned my 3" RD tank, so I put the RD in the 4" flowerhorn tank. Flowerhorn had his spot in his tank (a cave in the tank). RD went straight to the FH's spot. They started doing the body waving. RD doesn't budge. Then they finally lip lock and then the RD takes a chunk out of the FH's nose. So, then that was when I had to take the RD out. Also, noticed some scale that was tearing off of the FH. It's one thing when the home fish is aggressive towards new fish, but for the new fish to take ownership right when he enters. WOW...

I would have to say the Red Devil is the meaniest aquarium fish I have ever had. I had a 11" male that I grew from 3 inches, so I always knew the RD was one mean SOB. I have yet to see a fish that can hold his own with a RD.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, the FH's nose area is bleeding and missing a chunk of flesh. It's like the RD has pit bull lock jaws. Very sharp teeth for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.