Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size tank should i have for my pair of red devils, i think mine is too small ...

i want to look at buying a new one shortly and wish to know what the best size is to buy.

the devils are still small (3-4" max) and the tank is a 55gallon

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would suggest a 6 foot long tank like a 125 because male red devils can grow up to 16+ inches. I keep my pair in one and their both close to a foot long each ( the male is just over ) they need the room to swim also at least 18 inches wide.

·
Registered
267 Posts
whatever size tank you get you HAVE to have a good solid divider handy with a hole cut just big enough for the smaller one.

red devils are a very agressive c/a fish. i kept a single for 11 years and it was a great smart pet. our red devil at 2/3 the size of yours killed all the other fish in 2 weeks including the pleco.

rick

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

yes i currently have a new plastic divider supported by multiple suction caps that i purchased from good local aquarium. doesnt allow access through for either, but has flutes cut to allow for flow and breeding, apparently is a new product to this aquariums stock.

and thanks for idea on tank size too thomas, i have been now looking at 6' tanks, with a holiday coming up money is tight but *** been searching hard and waiting for a good deal. if none come up before holiday i will be buying one almost instantly once i come home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.